For Armoured Fighting Vehicles and Main Battle Tanks
Includes chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) protection and detection, as well as fire suppression systems, heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
The LSS can be powered by the platform engine or can be self-powered by an integrated APU.
The Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) is fast becoming a critical component in both new and upgraded main battle tanks and armoured fighting vehicles for the following reasons.
- Silent mode operations
- Increased power supply
- Lower maintenance
- Improved crew performance
The NATO AEP-54 compliant NBC/CBRN Protection System provides comprehensive NBC protection to Armoured Fighting Vehicles as well as cabin ventilation during peacetime operations.
- Overpressure protection
- Collective facemask protection
- Hybrid protection
Individual Crew and Equipment Cooling System for Optimal Crew Performance in Extreme Conditions.
- Military qualified
- Energy savings of up to 70% compared with cabin cooling
- User-friendly enabling maximum comfort and simple operation
- Maximum cooling performance achieved when the vehicle is open
- Cooled air supply to NBC protected overalls and NBC facemasks
- Maintenance free system with self cleaning heat exchangers
- Optional power management to optimise power consumption