As a trusted supplier to the defence & commercial sectors for many years, Ferranti Technologies has decades of experience in the design and manufacture of complex power & control technology for airborne applications.
Our team of professionally qualified engineers are able to offer specialist technical expertise in a wide range of technologies including:
- Static Inverters – AC/AC, DC/DC, Dual DC/AC with a wide input range offering parallel connectivity and instant start up
- Frequency Converters – Both AC & DC Inputs offering solid state protection at high power densities, a in built protection
- Transformer Rectifier Units – Semi regulated DC outputs with inbuilt control & monitoring
- Wing Ice Protection Power Controllers – a DAL A controller card with Solid State power switches, set in modular design for expansion capabilities
- Lighting Controllers – multiple isolated outputs, convection cooled with simple control
- Battery Chargers – with built in test capability, custom designed for platform efficiency
Ferranti Technologies provide’s a suite of four converters to a large military transport aircraft. Each of these units were custom designed to meet the aircrafts specific requirements.
The converter suite consists of a 500VA, 1kVA, 2 x 3kVA units providing 115v/230v, 50/60Hz output derived from the aircraft in a 3 phase, variable frequency ac input. Designed to meet the requirements of DO254 DAL C.
The inverter supplies 3.5kVA, 400Hz ac emergency power to support critical flight control in the event of an aircraft main ac power failure during emergency RAT deployment. Designed to meet the requirements of DO254 DAL B.